UC Center Program
French & European Studies
The Program in French and European Studies is the creation of faculty and administrators at the University of California. It is designed to immerse students in the classroom, in the streets, in the language, and in the history, culture, politics, and economic dimensions of French life, seen in relation to a broader European civilization, and in relation to the United States.
Fall 2004 Semester
- Attendance at all lectures and tutorials is required. Students with unexcused absences of more than three course meetings (including tutorials) loose one half grade per additional absence.
- The tutorial, when offered, is mandatory. The graduate assistant is not responsible for your grade, but will discuss in detail the materials presented by local faculty, and will additionally hold office hours at the UC Center.
- Check the Academic Calendar for final add and drop dates
- Students should fill in a Student Course Information Form if they wish to receive departmental credit at their home campuses. The decision to award such credit is strictly at the home department's discretion.
- Students are required to meet with the Study Center Director at the time of completion of their Study Lists, the dates of which will be announced repeatedly.